Seeing The Sights
Arkansas has some of the best scenery in the country. From the top of Mount Magazine to the swampy bottoms in Newport, you can see just about any type of natural beauty in Arkansas you want to see. Wildlife abounds here too. It’s a bird watcher’s heaven.
- Mount Magazine – “Highest point in the state” (Paris)
- Devil’s Den – “Caverns and Camping” (West Fork)
- Blanchard Springs Caverns (Mountain Home)
- Top State and National Parks
- Lake DeGray (Bismark)
- Lake Ouachita State Park (near Hot Springs)
- Petit Jean (Morrilton )
- Lake Dardanelle (Russellville)
- Queen Wilhelmina’s Castle in the Clouds (Mena)
- Off-Beat Roadside Attractions
Are you an adrenaline junkie? Are you always looking for your next thrill? Arkansas has a lot to offer those among us who are looking for adventure whether that adventure is jumping out of a plane, running a marathon or just taking a leisurely horseback ride down an Arkansas trail.
If you’re looking to plan an education trip to Arkansas, the parks, exhibits and sites should be on your list.
- Ozark Mountain Folk Center (Mountain View)
- Toltec Mounds (Scott)
- Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum (North Little Rock)
- MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History (Little Rock)
- Historic Arkansas Museum (Little Rock)
- Central High Museum and Visitor Center (Little Rock)
- Crowley’s Ridge (Paragould)
- Wal-mart Museum and Visitor’s Center (Bentonville)
- Hanging Judge’s Court and Gallows (Fort Smith)
- Louisiana Purchase State Park (Brinkley)
Famous Local Festivals
Typical of most southern states, Arkansas has more than enough fun and quirky festivals. We celebrate everything from watermelon to delta blues. There even used to be a Mosquito Festival in Arkansas. Who celebrates mosquitoes?
Arkansas is the perfect place for families to vacation. It’s inexpensive, there is a lot to do and nothing in the state is too far from home if you live in Little Rock. We have many opportunities for family camping and fishing. If your kids aren’t the outdoorsy types, we have amusement parks, shopping and more.
Arkansas has some breathtaking views that are sure to inspire romance. Hot Springs has its bathhouses and romantic Arlington. Queen Wilhelmina is a castle in the clouds.