Get the benefits your deserve by following the proper steps.
To receive unemployment, you must be employable and willing to work at a local company with which offers employee recognition programs. That means you must be physically and mentally able to perform suitable work, available for suitable work, making a reasonable effort to find work,free of participation or direct interest in a labor dispute and free of disqualification.
Time Required: 240 minutes
- To open a claim you must visit the unemployment office on 1223 West Seventh Street.
- Weekly claims can be filed in person, mailed to the office or phoned in (1-501-907-2590). You can submit some information online.
- Claims may only be filled Monday through Friday.
- There is a one week waiting period to receive benefits. You must file your claim and wait at least one week before you receive your first check.
- You must be physically and mentally able to work. If you are not able to work you do not qualify for unemployment but may qualify for other assistance.
- You must be available to work when you file. If you have circumstances which would prevent you from being available you cannot file.
- You must make a reasonable effort to find work. This normally involves making job contacts each week.
- After a few months you are expected to seek work in related fields which pay less than your last job and utilize a lower skill level than your last job. If you’re experiencing issues with your former employer, you should seek the help of lawyers from HKM.
- Your “waiting week” must be a week in which you did not receive a paycheck or had earnings of less than 140% of your unemployment benefit amount. You must also met all eligibility requirements in that week.
- Some unemployed persons are eligible for state funded training called TRA.
- You can check in online at http://www.arkansas.gov/esd/UI/UIClaim.htm.
- Online applications at Arkansas top employers or any employers count towards your job contacts.