Little Rock has many different areas and many different types of shopping centers. Here are some of the main ones.
The University Area is the location of our biggest indoor mall, Park Plaza. You’ll find national name stores in this area, but not much boutique type shopping.
- Park Plaza Mall: Dillard’s, Gap, Limited, Banana Republic, Aéropostale, Victoria’s Secret, Build-a-Bear, Abercrombie & Fitch and other similar retailers can be found in this mall. This is as close as Little Rock gets to a typical mall. Restaurants are mostly fast food like David Burgers, Great Wraps and Pizza.
- Midtown Little Rock: One of Little Rock’s newer malls, Midtown has many high-end shops including White House|Black Market, Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor LOFT, J. Jull, JoS A. Bank, the Container Store and Williams-Sonoma. Restaurants include Starbucks, Big Orange, Cantina Laredo and Pei Wei Asian Diner.
- Park Avenue: Another newer Little Rock shopping area has a super Target as it’s anchor. The Target is the only one in the state to have a full-service grocery department. Restaurants include Cheddar’s, Gigi’s Cupcakes and Panera Bread.
- Other stores and restaurants in the area include a Kroger, Walgreens, Murry’s Dinner theater and several fast food locations.
Cantrell has many local and specialty shops. We have some big national name shops in Pleasant Ridge but the other shopping centers host smaller local shops.
- Pavilion in the Park: Many upscale local shops and Trio’s restaurant. Everything from baby clothes to a spa can be found at Pavilion in the Park. Cantrell Road. This is an older shopping center with mostly local shops.
- Pleasant Ridge Town Center: This is another of Little Rock’s newer upscale shops with shops like Belk, AT&T store, The Fresh Market, Fleet Feet, Forsythe’s, Cobblestone and Vine, Beyond Cotton, Coming Home, Giant Little Rock, Forsythe’s and KitchenCo. Restaurants include Bar Louie, Bonefish Grill, Cheeburger Cheeburger, Istanbul.
- Hillcrest and the Heights: Driving down Kavanaugh will lead you to many upscale boutiques including Box Turtle (unique jewelry and clothing), Bella Boutique, Haus Werk (home decor and clothing) and Chroma Gallery (art). There are many restaurants in this area. Some favorites include Cupcakes on Kavanaugh, Heights Taco & Tamale, Ciao Baci, The Oyster Bar, Damgoode Pies and Canon Grill. Read more.
- You can find other smaller, shopping centers along Cantrell with some great local shops.
Rodney Parham Area
Many specialty shops and local shops.
- Trellis Square – Trellis Square is a small shopping center that has a few shops and services. For shopping, you’ll find Cecil’s Jewelry and A Woman’s Wish List, Footlights and J. Pruitt Shoes and All Stars Balloons. Damgoode Pies has one of their smaller locations here that offers carry-out and delivery only. Located at 10720 Rodney Parham Road.
- Breckenridge Village – Breckenridge Village boasts the Regal Breckenridge 12 movie theater and the Looney Bin Comedy Club. For kids, you’ll find The Wonder Place and Gymboree. If you’re looking for men’s clothing, try Greenhaw’s Menswear. Females can shop at Barbara Graves Intimate Fashion, Elle Ladies’ Apparel, Kristin Todd Accessories, Forsythe’s Ladies’ Apparel and Pinky Punky, a popular location for prom and party dresses. Located at 10301 N Rodney Parham Rd.
- Ashley Square – Ashley Square hosts many of the national retailers that are found on Rodney Parham. Sally’s Beauty, Premium Pet Products, Vitamins Plus, Area51, Drug Emporium and more. Located at 9100 Rodney Parham.
- The Village – The Village is one of the bigger shopping centers in the Rodney Parham area and it features Chili’s. Several spaces are empty, but the The Crown Shop is one of the better gift and card stores in Little Rock. Services found here include Scottrade, Staffmark Office Staffing, SuperCuts, Country Wide and Charles Schwab. Located at 10700 N Rodney Parham Rd.
Chenal Parkway and Bowman
Chenal and Bowman have upscale shops and national chains. They are also the location for the busiest Walmart in Little Rock (2700 S Shackleford Rd). You’ll find Best Buy, At Home, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club, Academy Sports and several furniture stores with restaurants like Mimi’s Cafe and On the Border.
- Chenal Place – A little further west down Chenal is Staples, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Home Depot and a few furnishing stores. 12319 Chenal Parkway
- Colonnade Shopping Center – Little Ceaser’s, Rogue Vapors, Arkansas Cycling and Fitness, 315 North Bowman Road.
- Chenal Commons: Across the street from Target (12700 Chenal Parkway), you’ll find an Old Navy, PetCo, David’s Bridal, Dress Barn and Shoe Carnival.
- Chenal Creek: Jos A Bank, Quiznos and Cold Stone Creamery
- Rock Creek Plaza: Has Whole Hog BBQ, El Porton restaurant, Staples and Hobby Lobby.
- Bowman Curve: Located near Walmart on Bowman, Bowman Curve offers some nice local restaurants, including the Faded Rose, and specialty shops. Others: Office Depot, Academy Sports, Payless, several fast food joints and TCBY
- Shackelford Crossings has JC Penny, Rack Room Shoes, AT&T, Cracker Barrel, Panda Garden Chinese Buffet and Copeland’s. It’s fairly close to the Wal-Mart.
- The Promenade at Chenal is a newer, upscale shopping center that hosts Little Rock’s only IMAX theater and stores like Anthropologie, DSW Shoes, Nike, and J.Crew. The center has six restaurants including Bravo! Cucina Italiana and Ya Ya’s Euro Bistro.
Southwest Little Rock
You have to head towards Benton/Bryant to find our Bass Pro and Outlet mall.
- The Outlets of Little Rock: Outlet versions of stores like Levi’s, Banana Republic, the Children’s Place, Nike, Christopher Banks, Restoration Hardware and more.
- Bass Pro: Arkansas’ only Bass Pro is located in this area.
- Others: Dave and Busters, Movie Tavern and Cavender’s Western Outfitters can also be found in the area.