Arkansas History & Fun Facts
Arkansas History Destinations
If you’re looking to plan an education trip to Arkansas, the parks, exhibits, and sites should be on your list.
- Ozark Folk Center (Mountain View, AR)
- Toltec Mounds (Scott, AR)
- Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum (North Little Rock)
- Historic Arkansas Museum
- Central High Museum and Visitor Center
- The Quapaw Quarter
- The Villa Marre
The Central High Crisis
The Central High Crisis was a dark time in Little Rock history that will always be remembered. Follow the links to find out more.
Southern History and Lore
Learn more life in the South by studying our history (some is humorous).
- General Southern Manners
- Table Manners, Dating and Courting
- Southern Slang
- Arkansas Pronunciation Guide
- Why We Buy Bread and Milk During Winter Storms
Urban Legends and Ghost Stories
Who knew Arkansas had its own urban lore? We have ghosts stories, a version of the Loch Ness monster and a bigfoot! Be on the lookout for things that go bump in the night.
Arkansas is responsible for a president, several musicians, a race car driver, sports figures and more. Find out more about these people who put Arkansas on the map.